Ren'Py Hermione Trainer [v0.2] [EdgeAI]

2.90 star(s) 8 Votes

Edgelord69420

Jan 19, 2020
Dude's right. There's a saying that goes "Search all the parks in all the cities, you'll find no statues of committees."

Nothing wrong with taking in feedback and catering to demand. But if you give everyone a sliding scale for their idea of perfect and then throw the data in a blender, it'll always result in something that's just average. ("The central point of a dataset" is literally the definition of average.)
Well all the options will be designs that I personally like and would want in the game so at the end of the day the design will be one that I like and want to work on.

waxing carnauba

Feb 13, 2020
Well all the options will be designs that I personally like and would want in the game so at the end of the day the design will be one that I like and want to work on.
Fair enough. I'm waiting a few versions before dipping my toe in, so I'm just going by the banter--but I'd rather see several different designs that represent an artist's range* than a statistical moving-average of his capabilities.

*(or "that represent the range of an individual's preferences" if using "artist" to refer to people who generate AI images feels weird. I don't judge.)

bobvilla123

Jul 12, 2022
At this point, I don't have a goal to monetize my content in any way. I am not a developer and I post my AI art to somehow earn on it. But another thing, when you do it with the purpose of further monetization, then you can already think about the high quality of the project!
At this point I've yet to see the dev ask for a dime. So far they're testing the waters to see what the crowd says.

So with that in mind: If you're going to talk shit to people make sure you don't have Ninja Turtles hands going on. Shit was embarrassing for you when all it took was 5 seconds of reading:

Once the game is finished it will be released for free to everyone.

Edgelord69420

Jan 19, 2020
At this point I've yet to see the dev ask for a dime. So far they're testing the waters to see what the crowd says.

So with that in mind: If you're going to talk shit to people make sure you don't have Ninja Turtles hands going on. Shit was embarrassing for you when all it took was 5 seconds of reading:
This kind of people think the hours of work to write, code and even draw my backgrounds is completely worthless when put next to the AI art. The AI replaces a small fraction of work, but its still a huge project that I have to dedicate a huge amount of time and work to do. I cant just tell an AI to make a game. Only thing AI does is the raw unedited base characters that I work on and use. I'm glad some people actually read my posts and understand what the project is.

Volchonok

Feb 26, 2021
This kind of people think the hours of work to write, code and even draw my backgrounds is completely worthless when put next to the AI art. The AI replaces a small fraction of work, but its still a huge project that I have to dedicate a huge amount of time and work to do. I cant just tell an AI to make a game. Only thing AI does is the raw unedited base characters that I work on and use. I'm glad some people actually read my posts and understand what the project is.
Yes, your project is an idea-less clone of another successful game. I suggest you change direction

Edgelord69420

Jan 19, 2020
Yes, your project is an idea-less clone of another successful game. I suggest you change direction
No. I make what I want to make. If I want to tell my story in an established world I have loved since childhood then I'm free to do so. Just as others have wanted to do before me.

Make something better on your own time if you hate Harry Potter so much. Besides, If I was genuinely just copying other games I would have gotten much more content out by now, but seeing as I'm writing my own story and version of the characters I suggest you open your mouth and suckle both my nuts.

If AI is your issue that's fine you're free to think what you want to on that matter, but claiming I'm just copying other games is so wrong its genuinely a pathetic take. You already embarrassed yourself with the turtle hands and now your back to spew more bull? Do better.

With all that being said, the game is free. You don't lose anything by it not being a game for you. I'm making the game for myself and sharing with others who might enjoy it for free. You are free to and encouraged to not play the game at all if its not what you want, but don't expect any dev to cater to your retarded needs.

bobvilla123

Jul 12, 2022
This kind of people think the hours of work to write, code and even draw my backgrounds is completely worthless when put next to the AI art.
I've often challenged folks on this forum to make their own games. Don't get me wrong, I'm a critical asshole. I find commenting "This SUCKS" to be a waste of my time and everyone else's. But folks who have never even completed a basic tutorial in Ren'Py (or any language) seem to feel differently. I think a dev that's engaged and listening to feedback should always be encouraged.

TL;DR: If you're on a well known pirating site you aren't a moral authority on IP theft. :LOL:

Karnewarrior

Oct 28, 2017
There's a number of people on this site who, although perhaps not strictly bots in the sense that they have a mother (who is a whore), definitely comment like bots on anything AI-related.
"It's AI. I'm not going to play this."
"AI is theft and I feel morally repulsed by the idea you'd use it."
"Lol look at that AI, it's automatically bad art because I've decided it's AI."

It's always damning when that last one is posted on games that don't use AI at all.
They're like some sort of IP version of twitter transvestigators, looking at a biological, assigned-at-birth woman who's not built like one of their coomer Overwatch vids and going "That's a man! Secret man!"

I'd rather put my cock through a slap-chop than waste the water pissing on those dumbasses.

2.90 star(s) 8 Votes