Ren'Py - Hermione Trainer [v0.2] [EdgeAI]

1. 3.00 star(s)

VictorDoUrden

OH NO AI! OUTRAGE! *something something! Inane nonsensical stupid complaint!!*

Someone is trying to make and elaborate and improve on something... if that ain't acceptable then over 80% of all video games ever made need to go into the bin. A lot here is really crude at the moment. Very clearly a work in progress but what there is here so far ain't bad... not that there is much here
  2. 1.00 star(s)

duorage

Garbage, a waste of time, if you need Hermione it's much easier to generate a couple of pictures of her yourself. As in every such thing, the author thinks that it is enough to make a couple of sprites and throw crappy sketches on the background and here is already "support me on patreon", but do not support hackwork. Try at least a little so that your product can be presented to the audience and ask for support in its development.
  3. 1.00 star(s)

moowallcow

This is a shameless AI art ripoff akabur's witch trainer. AI Art is already a huge negative, but the creator can't even come up with a unique concept, but that's unsurprising. Models are a blatant ripoff of akabur's work.
  4. 3.00 star(s)

RexArmand

I played the 0.0.1, it was light on content but will come back to play again later.
    The graphics of the office, bedroom and bathroom is as bad as it can possibly get, but if the graphics get better and the game gets more content, it could be good.
  5. 4.00 star(s)

Syr96

The only thing you can rate now is the art and the premise. Art is good (for AI really good) and seems to be edited later. We will see if it will be consistend.

Premise is also fine. You can see thats its at least heavily inspired by another game, but this doesnt have to be a bad thing, if it goes its own way.

Note: Its not a 0.1 or a demo at the moment. Their is just the content so you can get an impression about the artstyle and the premise.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

barbarella2021

Reviewed Version 0.0.1

Quite a nice start.

So the developer is quite open in explained that this game is currently a proof of concept and a way to get early feedback. He also indicated that the game would change a lot in the first few released as he finds his way. I'm a big fan of developers who lay their cards on the table from the get-go, so to speak.

Now, anytime we see Hermione we're going to think of Akabur just as whenever we read fantasy, we're always going to measure against Tolkien. That said, the developer has already introduced different elements into the game. e.g. The main character isn't the headmaster, but a transplanted professor, Snape is a hot female, and there is a sinister backstory hinted at with an evil wizard trying to infiltrate the school.

The AI images of Hermione presently look a little close to the Akabur model (which Akabur himself essentially said was free-use after Witch Trainer was finished) but the developer is now working to alter the appearance.

I will say that while the English is good, the dialogue doesn't seem that tight and need a bit of editing, but I'm being a little hard for a proof of concept so long as it improves in future versions.

It's really not that reminiscent of Witch Trainer, so I'm looking forward to how the game goes on its own merits.

The art is all AI, but I like the images. I think that part just comes down to what media you prefer... 2D / 3D, hand drawn, Daz, HS, AI.

I'm optimistic about this game. Let's see how things shake out.
  7. 1.00 star(s)

Namely

Training an AI model on the artwork from the very game that this is a ripoff of and then repackaging that stolen art as its own game is so profoundly soulless that it simply should not exist and you should not waste your time looking at it
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Rolo

Fantastic. Very new atm, but promising. For everybody who likes the HP World, this game is worth a try, absolutely.

There are some new ideas and concepts, like having Snape as a woman. And this woman ... Wow. Hermione is also in the game - just lovely. Looking so much forward. Good luck for the dev, go on with good work.