3.00 star(s) 23 Votes

Jinsoyun

Sep 28, 2018
One thing I don't understand is why people are hating on this game so much and it's decks, it's a really good game and fun to play!
I guess people just don't understand how to play the decks and lose each time? And just say "game bad" without trying to learn how it works?
I was fine even with 1.0.0 version's difficulty and i'm still having a great time with this game, but i kind of understand the negative sentiment too.
This game has no tutorial, no warm up no difficulty curve, no deck list, no summary on abilities and no option to pick opponents, but instead it had quite a few bugs and unclear or faulty texts.
As i said, i had no problem myself, and obviously i wasn't alone in this, but to have a good starting experience, the players not only needs to be practiced with card games, they also need expertise in games where you go in blind.

This game is great, and the devs seem to be active and awesome from what i've read here, and i think it was the right choice to focus on the gameplay for the initial release, but the game does lack a lot of features that are commonly used in full games to help out new players.

papel

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2018
One thing I don't understand is why people are hating on this game so much and it's decks, it's a really good game and fun to play!
I guess people just don't understand how to play the decks and lose each time? And just say "game bad" without trying to learn how it works?
From my personal experience (1.0.0 only), the worst part is that you're dealt a deck that is vastly different from anything the enemy has on their hands. Melon with the witch suit, as an enemy, summons endless pumpkun minions and has a stable girl minion that is invincible as long as one pumpkun is alive. If you play as Melon with that outfit, you're summoning those pumpkuns as glyphs to make another card stay with a high counter so it can auto attack.

In general, every enemy deck is full of minions to autoattack you, while you have, at most, 2 to do that, but more often than not, you'll have zero. Every deck of every character you get to play as, you'll be rushing through your cards ASAP to recycle them, because you don't have enough to make anything resembling a strategy. Slap, Slap, use whatever gives climax, recover health, discard everything else, repeat. Only Deathgrip has something different with that instant win after 20 turns glyph, but that's about it.

For Magic the Gathering nerds to understand the problem: imagine if YOU had to play using sorceries and instants and NO creatures, while the enemy gets lots of creatures and sorceries, but no instants, plus double your HP. That's more or less the problem here.

Karnewarrior

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, you can't know what's in a deck prior to going through the whole thing, and the enemy decks are always different, so it's hard to find footing.

Combine that with some random chance sometimes just fucking you over and it's difficult to actually aquire skill at the game. A lot of the time it just comes down to getting an early good hand and then you can build off it, but fuck you if you don't pull Pump-king until the end of the deck.

Learch

Feb 5, 2019
With the uploading of the patched version, I'll say that this game is far better than it was when v1.0.0 was posted - although there is not so much depth to the game, it is playable and mildly enjoyable.

The devs are apparently active, which is a good sign. May be worth a purchase on steam, especially if they add more deckbuilding elements.

ViviX12

Engaged Member
Jan 5, 2019
gave it a shot, pretty fun
didn't expect the music
went through one time with each char, lost only on the very first try
fine game

ThatGuy82

Jan 20, 2021
Oh, I didn't realize I had the 1.0 version. Time to update, as I've softlocked the game by having an AI summoning a minion which doesn't exist, so the turn won't end. That, and a lot of cards didn't do what they said they did, did more than they said they did, or are straight up pointless (grant 8 shield, when you can have a maximum of 5 shield only).

Reactions: theasdfer1234

nulnil

May 18, 2021
I'm not gonna sugarcoat it, most of these negative reviews are from people who are bad at the game.

I will admit some decks are worse, and some make the game a cakewalk, but anyone complaining about the enemies having higher healthbars is an undercover IGN agent. You see, most videogames have systems like this anyways, (i.e. bosses have more hp than you), but you have to use your abilities to overcome this, like any other game.

Now some card sets like witch straight-up suck, I'll give you that.

bmazurek17

Nov 28, 2019
I'm not gonna sugarcoat it, most of these negative reviews are from people who are bad at the game.

I will admit some decks are worse, and some make the game a cakewalk, but anyone complaining about the enemies having higher healthbars is an undercover IGN agent. You see, most videogames have systems like this anyways, (i.e. bosses have more hp than you), but you have to use your abilities to overcome this, like any other game.

Highly agreed! People just hate difficulty, and when they see they lose the first time, they think the whole game is bad.
But yeah, there are some decks that do need reworking.

jonjingleberry

Jun 13, 2019
The game says that you unlock "Bonus Surprises" if you win with all four archetypes on a character. Is this just the card art's or is there something else I'm missing?

smithsmithsmith

Aug 16, 2018
Am I missing something or is the game just kinda shallow? I wasn't expecting something on par with slay the spire but I was expecting something a bit more engaging than floor 1 fights. No deckbuilding, not much strategy since half the cards have no costs + your hand size is tiny so no reason not to play everything you can, enemies share a lot of cards so runs feel samey. The animations were nice but without any build up they're not really enough.

Sortiara

Apr 24, 2022
I definetly recommend keeping an eye on this game, the devs have a new game mode that you can test on the steam beta: Gauntlet Mode. Longer game, can add cards, upgrade cards, events, consistent health between battles and bosses get stronger. There's also a deck inspector to look through your cards as well.

Reactions: 10388431

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019

Except that you don't really use your abilities to overcome the obstacles in this game (version available here), you rely almost entirely on RNG, the Devs clearly had no proper idea how to make a card game of this sort. Now, after a lot of negative feedback they updated the game and made it much more playable, but that is not the version most people here had access to when they reviewed the game.

PhazeUFO

Sep 28, 2021
Except that you don't really use your abilities to overcome the obstacles in this game (version available here), you rely almost entirely on RNG, the Devs clearly had no proper idea how to make a card game of this sort. Now, after a lot of negative feedback they updated the game and made it much more playable, but that is not the version most people here had access to when they reviewed the game.
Not just the rng, but you are at a disadvantage the whole time. Some decks being worse than others only makes the game more of a challenge.

Reactions: Orphanus
3.00 star(s) 23 Votes