DarkShroud

Mar 5, 2018
Which ones are you missing?
No idea, when I look at the statues, most of them have names attached to them.

Virtues:
Chastity: Is of you.
Temperance: Is that of a demon, offering its heart to another.
Charity: Aspen.
Diligence: Satty.
Kindness: King Bornhorst.
Patience: Is that of someone in chains, a princess waiting for their hero.
Humility: Circe.

Sins is all you, though Greed is there twice, once each with a quote from Foxxy and Death.
Lust doesn't have a quote attached to it though.

Mar 23, 2022
No idea, when I look at the statues, most of them have names attached to them.

Virtues:
Chastity: Is of you.
Temperance: Is that of a demon, offering its heart to another.
Charity: Aspen.
Diligence: Satty.
Kindness: King Bornhorst.
Patience: Is that of someone in chains, a princess waiting for their hero.
Humility: Circe.

Sins is all you, though Greed is there twice, once each with a quote from Foxxy and Death.
Lust doesn't have a quote attached to it though.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Solid Snekk

Game Developer
May 5, 2017
Update, of sorts.

I figured out how to make an equipment system in twine so the possibility of porting over to Twine is an actual thing I could do.

My main problem is that I just sort of do things, this game is a fun little hobby of mine that I actively enjoy hopping on to work on. This has made a few problems where if something is too boring I simply don't work on it, leaving it undone for quite awhile.

I have the start of the fixes for QSP version but if I'm going through and removing broken/bad aspects of the game I might as well do it right this time.

My question is this: Do you want the game to be in QSP or HTML?

I have a poll over on asking the same thing but you guys can also just answer here and I'll tally up the total.

CaptainBipto

Sep 20, 2018
Update, of sorts.

I figured out how to make an equipment system in twine so the possibility of porting over to Twine is an actual thing I could do.

My main problem is that I just sort of do things, this game is a fun little hobby of mine that I actively enjoy hopping on to work on. This has made a few problems where if something is too boring I simply don't work on it, leaving it undone for quite awhile.

I have the start of the fixes for QSP version but if I'm going through and removing broken/bad aspects of the game I might as well do it right this time.

I have a poll over on asking the same thing but you guys can also just answer here and I'll tally up the total.
It may have been brought up in the past, but, I thought polls could be added to threads, even after they have been created. I am assuming you need ownership or rights on the thread for it, but I thought it was an option to add/remove polls from game threads.
It's all good, though.

HTML might be a better option, since it it likely more compatible across different OSes and it has the advantage of not requiring a specific version of the Player or (generally) not need 'hoop jumping' to make it work.
QSP does have the advantage of allowing the user to move and resize the various windows to where one prefers them to be, where Twine/HTML would be static.

Personally, I am fine with QSP and HTML. But, if I have to make a choice, I am fine with staying on QSP.

Reactions: Fizel

Chicunsu

Feb 26, 2021
Is there any way to speed this up.... as it is i barely remove anything and i'm not willing to do this hundreds of times.....
1724080596793.png
Also, in the prison quest i challenged the beast, and afterwards only clue i can find is "check your journal" but i can't find any information in my ledger and idk what other journal there is

Last edited:

Tattletale21

Jan 26, 2020
Update, of sorts.

QSP seems to be the best of the two, honestly. even if the game is coded like spaghetti and the game likes to play 'will it bug out, won't it bug out' whenever it wants, i'd prefer QSP over HTML.

Fizel

Feb 10, 2018
Update, of sorts.

It may have been brought up in the past, but, I thought polls could be added to threads, even after they have been created. I am assuming you need ownership or rights on the thread for it, but I thought it was an option to add/remove polls from game threads.
It's all good, though.

HTML might be a better option, since it it likely more compatible across different OSes and it has the advantage of not requiring a specific version of the Player or (generally) not need 'hoop jumping' to make it work.
QSP does have the advantage of allowing the user to move and resize the various windows to where one prefers them to be, where Twine/HTML would be static.

Personally, I am fine with QSP and HTML. But, if I have to make a choice, I am fine with staying on QSP.
Honestly same. While yes html would have more access, QSP is fine as is. I would only have protests if QSP became more of a hassle then it's worth.

Reactions: _Cat_

TheBlindSteve

May 14, 2017
I have some foibles with my distaste of QSP, so I am biased, but honestly HTML is probably the better bet. At least with how often you seem to be rebooting the game, you might need to learn a bit more but HTML is more popular(and thus more likely to have the answers you need) and more powerful with addons. HTML would also make it much easier for community submissions, and modding if it were to ever take off. So yeah my vote is HTML.

Mar 23, 2022
Update, of sorts.

You know I've seen the code and the "wiki" for QSP. I vote for Twine. I can list a lot of reasons to swap to Twine but it's probably best to stick to QSP. You know it to some extent.

Reactions: PsyTurtle
Mar 23, 2022
QSP seems to be the best of the two, honestly. even if the game is coded like spaghetti and the game likes to play 'will it bug out, won't it bug out' whenever it wants, i'd prefer QSP over HTML.
Why would QSP be the best? A lot of the things QSP does Twine can do. It also uses Javascript which is a lot easier to find information about how to code then QSP which has a russian wiki.

Reactions: PsyTurtle and _Cat_

Tattletale21

Jan 26, 2020
Why would QSP be the best? A lot of the things QSP does Twine can do. It also uses Javascript which is a lot easier to find information about how to code then QSP which has a russian wiki.
fair point, i re-evaluated and decided that HTML would be much better. someone above mentioned that HTML is just a solid, straight up improvement, and opens the way to modding in the future. i'm all for that.

Reactions: Fizel
Mar 23, 2022
fair point, i re-evaluated and decided that HTML would be much better. someone above mentioned that HTML is just a solid, straight up improvement, and opens the way to modding in the future. i'm all for that.
I think the only issue HTML (Twine) might have is the bugs wouldn't be as easy to find and figure out. Depending on how it's written it might just gloss over it and place an error in the console. The player would never see an issue. Where even the slightest mistake in QSP throws an error with where and what caused it.

Reactions: _Cat_

Laughingfox

Apr 2, 2017
Hm. Not sure. I've heard you lament fairly often that qsp is a massive pain in the ass to update when things break at random for no reason when you are just trying to update things or add glorious content.

I don't know enough about the inner workings of either or the internal mechanics, but purely on a stance of 'does my boat sink for no reason, and why do I keep needing to bail water out with a dented bucket full of holes', I'd probably lean towards html if it was more reliable.

On a practical side, being able to resize the 'art' section sure would be nice so I could get it to comfortably fit on screen (that doesn't seem to be an option for my pleb self with qsp).

I'm not sure which one handles 'layers' for art better. Been dabbling with various means and ways to expedite lewd art creation since there are so many variants for a given whatever. I was thinking layers may be a way to go swapping things in and out, but if file size is manageable I could just have a whole pic and call it done anyway.

Bipto makes several fair points, as do the others. HTML would likely be more accessible for a 'pick up and go' for ease and simplicity for the average user.

QSP sort of naturally has a solid setup for your style quest and adventure, it feels like. Not that it couldn't be rigged in html, but the way the windows have different dedicated purposes here and there, but it's one of the few qsp goodies that doesn't entirely feel lumbering or pulling teeth navigating. Mostly.

And there's a weeeee part of me that kind of enjoys the fact that it's a little club just for us on this silly engine. I'm not sure why, and it doesn't entirely make sense, but there it is.

I trust Throw Away when they say they've looked within qsp and effectively gone 'yikes'. If your only reliable source of backup / knowledge / information is questionable wiki with little tangible support or human contact for a semi casual style of creation, then that's a pretty huge deal. Most of the way I've evolved with writing or art is fucking around and finding out, but being able to lean on the occasional nugget of knowledge when I don't have the first frucking clue how to go about is definately a thing. It'd sure help if you had a source of assistance on the coding front you can pull up at your own personal leisure.

I guess I'm leaning to html?

But would the push / switch murder death kill the healthy fire you've been tending to all this while working on your hobby? At the end of the day, that's the biggest deal. You've been at this for some time; we'd all love to see that continue, haha.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2023
ok so i used the staff to scry on percy but it just shows the default image and no text? what the hell am i supposed to do?
do that again before doing or way before half way tp finish percy's quest that is how i did it with a save before finishing the quest cause i had multiple quests in the forests that lead's you to circe's hut

shiroineko

Jun 15, 2018
Update, of sorts.

I personally prefer Twine. A number of the bugs are specific to the cryptic nature of QSP. With Twine I can actually see the code and suggest what the problem is directly.

Reactions: PsyTurtle
4.30 star(s) 15 Votes