Dec 9, 2017
If only. The developers are in the middle of yet another complete rebuild of it, this time switching from Java to Godot.
Moving to Godot at least in theory makes sense, why tf would someone move a game TO Java o_O
In this specific instance though the devs should just finish the game in whatever garbage engine it started in and then start a new project.

moze99

Aug 26, 2021
Moving to Godot at least in theory makes sense, why tf would someone move a game TO Java o_O
In this specific instance though the devs should just finish the game in whatever garbage engine it started in and then start a new project.
If the dev was an old JAVA dev that started the dev process in Godot, then got stumped for some reason.. I could see moving to Java. That's really the only reason that I could see doing that.

Reactions: Captain Wet Beard
Jun 7, 2019
Did the steam release ever get dropped or the bugfix for sister of the abbey cause I've got an ok pc and i'm struggling to run this more than cyberpunk

PsyTurtle

Jan 16, 2022
I still think about the dev's old Flash game sometimes. Euphorian Tide, iirc. I should really look into getting Flash games running on my current PC.

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
I think it makes no sense to transfer the game to godot. If the developers reached an impasse on java, then it made sense to try unity, where there is a fairly large community, but not this
I suspect their goal is to use godot's built in scenes and controllers rather than relying on their own custom-coded stuff, but they're a good seven years late on coming to that decision.

diras2010

Nov 4, 2017
this game has had an art change like 3 times now, hasn't it?
They have changed the engine 3 times, and I think the artwork twice already: 1st was Flash, if I'm not wrong, then switched to Java, now they have switched again to Godot, and now are using AI to "enhance" (read it as create, because is highly probably that the artist is ditching / dropping out of the project) the artwork

Kmanlv

Feb 11, 2018
They have changed the engine 3 times, and I think the artwork twice already: 1st was Flash, if I'm not wrong, then switched to Java, now they have switched again to Godot, and now are using AI to "enhance" (read it as create, because is highly probably that the artist is ditching / dropping out of the project) the artwork
They have paper images drawn up in there discord so i highly doubt the AI ART idea.

3.20 star(s) 27 Votes