CyberGox

May 25, 2018
Can't start a new day on M2 - D16
Error: <<script>>: bad evaluation: gC(...) is undefined.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

CyberGox

May 25, 2018
It looks like there is some sort of calculation bug or unintended behaviour around with intimacy values, the character who my PC was consistently intimate with (Nash) got her initmacy stats suddenly skyrocket to negative, lower than anybody else's. Also announcing rivalry to me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
might be a completely indended thing tho

Last edited:

DeepInteractivity

Game Developer
Mar 16, 2020
It looks like there is some sort of calculation bug or unintended behaviour around with intimacy values, the character who my PC was consistently intimate with (Nash) got her initmacy stats suddenly skyrocket to negative, lower than anybody else's. Also announcing rivalry to me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
might be a completely indended thing tho
Everything looking correct. If a character A has positive intimacy with a character B, their base intimacy with character C falls down. This is because intimacy is meant to represent the degree of exclusivity two characters are reaching. Since Nash has a companionship relationship with Padmiri, her base intimacy with everyone else is -1. Since Nash also has a rivalry relationship with you, she also has a -8 modifier to your intimacy, which gets applied next.

The most questionable thing there is is that Nash decided you were a good target for a rival. On one hand, she has balanced drives, with all of them at level 4 except for ambition and self-improvement, which are at 5 and 7, so she might want to rival someone with high merit, even if she has a great relationship with you. On the other hand, she has the 2nd lowest merit and you have the highest, so perhaps she should sit back and think before rushing to get her ass kicked? I'll probably review the function to select rivals.

Reactions: ThisIsMe88

CyberGox

May 25, 2018
Everything looking correct. If a character A has positive intimacy with a character B, their base intimacy with character C falls down. This is because intimacy is meant to represent the degree of exclusivity two characters are reaching. Since Nash has a companionship relationship with Padmiri, her base intimacy with everyone else is -1. Since Nash also has a rivalry relationship with you, she also has a -8 modifier to your intimacy, which gets applied next.

The most questionable thing there is is that Nash decided you were a good target for a rival. On one hand, she has balanced drives, with all of them at level 4 except for ambition and self-improvement, which are at 5 and 7, so she might want to rival someone with high merit, even if she has a great relationship with you. On the other hand, she has the 2nd lowest merit and you have the highest, so perhaps she should sit back and think before rushing to get her ass kicked? I'll probably review the function to select rivals.
Hmm thanks for clarification, it might be just a completely random rivalry choice from code perspective, I personally expected it being enmity/rivalry stat-dependent.

UPD Another likely bug - characters propose Initmate relationship during dialogue but it becomes Companionship if accepted.

Last edited:

grahegri

drunk off sake
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
UnholyArts-0.3.23c
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

twotimesthree

Jul 19, 2020
the theme and the characters are great, the writing is good too, i would def suggest checking it out if you are into that sort of thing. great job author!

imo maybe wouldnt be a bad idea to add a way of skipping some water cooler dialogues, maybe even with player choosing the overall prio of what they are going with for that dialogue. could take away from some character development tho, not sure.

good luck with development!

Reactions: DeepInteractivity

cykael

Jan 30, 2021
Have a few questions / remarks

1. What's buff (tease, glance, flaunt, ...) duration? Is it shown somewhere? I'm probably blind

2. Would also be interesting to see somewhere what are the actual benefits of this or that buff (if they scales on stats, they may be totaly useless before in game months)

3. I've read here and there that proposal for servant on 0 willpower target always works... it doesn't, I don't know if its a bug or normal, tho, when everyone refuses challenges all the time, and I'm maybe not willing to assault, I feel stuck

4. I was surprised the first time I followed... Nash events to train with her and ended up with a full bondage suit, following her everywhere like a good little pet, not what I expected, I'm not even sure why the pupil becomes the servant of its tutor (I don't see much difference between both options)

5. When other girls ask to follow you, why is the player the one spamming continue and not the girl that asked to follow... that follows?

Apart from that, I'm having a good time, keep the good work!

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
3. I've read here and there that proposal for servant on 0 willpower target always works... it doesn't, I don't know if its a bug or normal, tho, when everyone refuses challenges all the time, and I'm maybe not willing to assault, I feel stuck
A proposal that they are tempted by can't be refused (must have a willpower cost). Get the person in a really submissive mood with dialogue options and if they have 0 willpower, then even if their drives and personality would make it impossible for them to usually accept being a servant, they will agree to because they have no willpower to pay the cost.

cykael

Jan 30, 2021
A proposal that they are tempted by can't be refused (must have a willpower cost). Get the person in a really submissive mood with dialogue options and if they have 0 willpower, then even if their drives and personality would make it impossible for them to usually accept being a servant, they will agree to because they have no willpower to pay the cost.
Thank you for the precision!

DeepInteractivity

Game Developer
Mar 16, 2020
1. What's buff (tease, glance, flaunt, ...) duration? Is it shown somewhere? I'm probably blind
All altered states that last for turns should display their duration on a tooltip, if you hover the cursor over them during battle.

4. I was surprised the first time I followed... Nash events to train with her and ended up with a full bondage suit, following her everywhere like a good little pet, not what I expected, I'm not even sure why the pupil becomes the servant of its tutor (I don't see much difference between both options)
There are mechanical similarities, but also a lot of differences between tutorship and servitude. Pupils aren't forced to accept sex, for one. It gives an advantage to the tutor in the form of having someone else to follow them during the day, thus reducing the risk of being assaulted, while the pupil has more efficient training, if the tutor does actually train.

5. When other girls ask to follow you, why is the player the one spamming continue and not the girl that asked to follow... that follows?
Are you sure they aren't asking you to follow them?

cykael

Jan 30, 2021
All altered states that last for turns should display their duration on a tooltip, if you hover the cursor over them during battle.

There are mechanical similarities, but also a lot of differences between tutorship and servitude. Pupils aren't forced to accept sex, for one. It gives an advantage to the tutor in the form of having someone else to follow them during the day, thus reducing the risk of being assaulted, while the pupil has more efficient training, if the tutor does actually train.

Are you sure they aren't asking you to follow them?
It's not on the tooltip before doing an action I think (it's not even a tooltip, you have to choose an action and click on a link above it to get info in a modal), but if I hover CoGu (in statuts list on the left), I can see for how much turns it remains, didn't see it before.

Pupils aren't forced to accept sex but they cannot refuse bondage, isn't that funny? haha

I'm not sure to be honest, I will take a closer look later, thank you for your replies!

cykael

Jan 30, 2021
I think I've got the same issue mentioned a long time ago on itch by GreenOnion (comments):

I uploaded my save on the day before I met Nersmias:
- You can optionally go rescue the shapeshifter first thing, rest and then discuss with Nersmias
- I did try directly choosing "I'm worried about Sillan" > automatically starts the battle, or first taking extra option + "I want to hear about your reason" then "I'm worried about Sillan"
- In both cases Nersmias' conviction depleted (-11 and -7 I think), being once > 30 trust, using often hypnosis, and the second time > 70 trust, never used hypnosis
- When Nersmias' conviction was in negative, I would have prefered some automatic transition to "automatic ending" instead of having to choose between taking an action that will causes Nersmias' convition to increase as I didn't have much choices left, or... trying to leave, after all... it takes a LOT of time to get there, and it's impossible to save whenever we want (this is really a huge drawback to the game)
- Both times ended in the ending C, when the PC is being hypotized before talking to Sillan

I did not use console to alter anything, started this save on easy to see the difficulty difference.

Last edited:

TBCheese

Sep 30, 2017
I think I've got the same issue mentioned a long time ago on itch by GreenOnion (comments):
There seemed to be a couple workarounds. Someone posted one a while back where you ask him to stop hypnotizing you after he hits negative conviction. I tried to refresh conversation options once he hit negative conviction. You might want to see if those will work for you. Obviously not a proper fix, but it might let you pass in the meantime.

cykael

Jan 30, 2021
There seemed to be a couple workarounds. Someone posted one a while back where you ask him to stop hypnotizing you after he hits negative conviction. I tried to refresh conversation options once he hit negative conviction. You might want to see if those will work for you. Obviously not a proper fix, but it might let you pass in the meantime.
Thank you for the idea, I didn't get "Stop using hypnosis" this time, and "Skip and re-roll interactions" didn't solve my issue, see attached pictures.

I don't think I'll redo this day again and again, there's either a bug, or some variable state from a previous event or something like that that I'm not aware of causing the issue.

Last edited:

DeepInteractivity

Game Developer
Mar 16, 2020

I uploaded my save on the day before I met Nersmias:
- You can optionally go rescue the shapeshifter first thing, rest and then discuss with Nersmias
- I did try directly choosing "I'm worried about Sillan" > automatically starts the battle, or first taking extra option + "I want to hear about your reason" then "I'm worried about Sillan"
- In both cases Nersmias' conviction depleted (-11 and -7 I think), being once > 30 trust, using often hypnosis, and the second time > 70 trust, never used hypnosis
- When Nersmias' conviction was in negative, I would have prefered some automatic transition to "automatic ending" instead of having to choose between taking an action that will causes Nersmias' convition to increase as I didn't have much choices left, or... trying to leave, after all... it takes a LOT of time to get there, and it's impossible to save whenever we want (this is really a huge drawback to the game)
- Both times ended in the ending C, when the PC is being hypotized before talking to Sillan

I did not use console to alter anything, started this save on easy to see the difficulty difference.
Thanks for the effort in the report, the fix to this issue is already applied on version 0.3.24.

DeepInteractivity

Game Developer
Mar 16, 2020
Thank you for the idea, I didn't get "Stop using hypnosis" this time, and "Skip and re-roll interactions" didn't solve my issue, see attached pictures.

I don't think I'll redo this day again and again, there's either a bug, or some variable state from a previous event or something like that that I'm not aware of causing the issue.
Ending C is actually the best one, even if it sounds counter-intuitive due to the dialogues, if you haven't gone through the other endings.

4.00 star(s) 26 Votes