Skallabjorn

Jun 29, 2017
I very rarely comment on this site, but I felt the need here.
Images -awesome
Dialog - Great, believable, conveys personality without being overbearing
Plot - Sucked me right in
Other notes - Feet are not really my thing, nor is CBT, but I enjoyed that content as well. Why? Because I view it as part of the STORY, which is why I play these games. I also loved the way , on day 2, the interaction between MC and Ehrlynn had some bumpy spots as they figured out consent issues and such.

What I am saying, is that, IMO, although the content at this point is sparse (~2 hours of playtime for me), what is there is deep and excellent. I look forward to seeing more. As a craftsman in another area (leather-working), I thoroughly understand the time it takes to make a unique product. If you want one like everyone else has, Wal-Marts can be found just about anywhere.
i eagerly look forward to the continuation of this story. Too many good ones die on the vine due to overly harsh criticism from entitled niche-players. If you got it here, it was FREE. But people rarely value what they do not pay for. Don't like the vision of the Dev? Great. Fine. Bye. Don't let it hit ya where evolution split ya. Like it? Also great. Let the Dev know. Economic support is great, but any support is good.

Lastly, kudos to the Dev for standing up for their vision in the face of "it's not the way I would do it" criticism. Couching that sort of "criticism" in terms like "you would get more support if you did it like this..." seems a bit disingenuous to me. This has gone on way longer than I intended, so for the Millennial/Gen Z types:

TL;DR - Good game. Give it a shot.

KiYellow

Dec 26, 2018
It was great until it wasn't, and when it wasn't it was a dumpster fire that overtook the good parts.

Oxar: Thank you Jacey, and I would go with calling you red because it's you most striking color.
Jacey: Ooooh I think you're onto something. Needs a little more though, like uh... red... skin.
Yeah, call me a redskin. It's bold.
And Oxar, I think you are more of a mocha.
Conversations about racism can be done well if they're done tactfully. This is just hamfisting in some slurs for an attempt at a racist joke out of nowhere.

LewdLewy

Jun 29, 2021
It was great until it wasn't, and when it wasn't it was a dumpster fire that overtook the good parts.

Conversations about racism can be done well if they're done tactfully. This is just hamfisting in some slurs for an attempt at a racist joke out of nowhere.
The joke >

Your head.

I relaunched the game to double check. I believe it is a commentary on racism, not a opportunity to throw out slurs for no reason. Before this exchange and when talking about being "black", Jacey says "Haa, what a weird way to label someone I mean, what would I be called then. Red or gray?"

She's multi-colored, making skin color based racism an incredibly bizarre concept to her. No one in the conversation besides MC is aware of anything they just said is offensive. And it isn't to them, which makes sense in the context of this being a different culture. Sounds to me like the dev is poking fun at the concept of racism.

Alboe Interactive can you clarify?

KiYellow

Dec 26, 2018
No, the joke didn't go over my head, it just wasn't a good joke.

The lead in into it is just the MC bring up racism and that Oxar is black for... basically no reason? "While no longer as bad as it used to be, if we were back home it's still possible us sitting together would be a cause for concern... Seriously, me friendly chatting with a black person could cause their stupid racist hearts to palpitate." is just setting up for "Hahaha they're saying racist things but they don't know it! Isn't that funny?!?!"

Conversation didn't need to happen and felt shoehorned in with the MC starting it.

Alboe Interactive

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2020
The joke >

Your head.

I relaunched the game to double check. I believe it is a commentary on racism, not a opportunity to throw out slurs for no reason. Before this exchange and when talking about being "black", Jacey says "Haa, what a weird way to label someone I mean, what would I be called then. Red or gray?"

She's multi-colored, making skin color based racism an incredibly bizarre concept to her. No one in the conversation besides MC is aware of anything they just said is offensive. And it isn't to them, which makes sense in the context of this being a different culture. Sounds to me like the dev is poking fun at the concept of racism.

Alboe Interactive can you clarify?
Aw man, I'm pinged for this on today of all days...

LewdLewy pretty much nailed it. Similar to Make Love Not Waagh!, racism exists in Integro but not for skin color. I specifically chose "Redskin" because of the Washington Redskins and how that shit was allowed to slide for decades.

The conversation in question was solely to put the player on the backfoot and look at the characters for what they are in their world. Not ours. Oxar isn't black, a POC, or anything else but a kitsune. Racist words gain power from understanding the hatred underneath their surface. Jacey and Oxar don't understand and their back and forth reflects that.

No, the joke didn't go over my head, it just wasn't a good joke.

The lead in into it is just the MC bring up racism and that Oxar is black for... basically no reason? "While no longer as bad as it used to be, if we were back home it's still possible us sitting together would be a cause for concern... Seriously, me friendly chatting with a black person could cause their stupid racist hearts to palpitate." is just setting up for "Hahaha they're saying racist things but they don't know it! Isn't that funny?!?!"

Conversation didn't need to happen and felt shoehorned in with the MC starting it.
I am from the South and I'll state so is the MC. I'm glad none of this matters for a lot of people and feels so foreign as to be out of left field. Unfortunately, I've seen a lot racism both IRL and in adult games (like the entire category called BBC). I chose a silly little conversation to express my dismay for racism. I also tried to bring that weird and uncomfortable feeling when IRL some asshole said something racist to me because I just so happen to look white enough that they thought I would agree. I guess I technically succeeded in making the player feel some discomfort.

The conversation is supposed to read as some lighthearted banter. Some remarks are made about physical appearance, but nobody is pissed off in the end and things continue on like normal. Kind of wish it was like that IRL. Just chalk this up as not all jokes land the way the author intends.

msleomac

Engaged Member
Feb 1, 2019
Fantasy Dating [Day 3 with Mini Patch ] [Compressed]

Original Size Win/Linux: 1.45 GB
Original Size Mac: 1.43 GB

Compressed Size Win/Linux: 134 MB: MEGA -
Compressed Size Mac: 117 MB: MEGA -

This compression is unofficial. Compressing process reduces image/audio/video quality and can break the game, be aware of that.

You can find all of my Walkthrough Mods content here:

Or you can:
Can you please reupload the link

Speedfeed

Dec 19, 2020
Not everyone likes the same thing and to have situations that you can't avoid is alienating a portion of people who prefer to have complete control in a game where there's options and choices. Even if the choices are limited the player should still have options that give them control. Whether it's to give up control or be in control. You can focus on the story without taking away control from the player and alienating a portion of people.

LewdLewy

Jun 29, 2021
Not everyone likes the same thing and to have situations that you can't avoid is alienating a portion of people who prefer to have complete control in a game where there's options and choices. Even if the choices are limited the player should still have options that give them control. Whether it's to give up control or be in control. You can focus on the story without taking away control from the player and alienating a portion of people.
I don't get this mindset, if you didn't want to see Oxar's scene you could skip it. The dev has already explained the decisions he made, that he isn't changing, and that he has moved on from this thread. If you had bothered to read even a couple pages back, then you would know the Dev already answered:
Thank you!

The especially hilarious part is all these commenters suggesting changes while on a pirate site. Lmao, you ain't paying for this anyway, it's like complaining about free pizza. If you want something different then buy something else. And even that has a limit because, no matter how much you want it, the pizzeria isn't the place to ask for lobster.

Anything and everything I do has to be thought of months in advance. I can't, on a whim, change the MC to male, re-render every scene to show the MCs face, or refund and replace the male characters I bought. Anyone asking, suggesting, or demanding for any of that is wasting their time.

Yeah Fantasy Dating is niche. Yes, if I made certain changes I could have made it more popular. But, in the end, I chose my way because no one else wanted to risk it. And risk I did. To anyone who disagrees (emphasis mine):
AAA titles have teams of people who specialize in different areas. Those devs don't have to worry about where the money comes from. They can pool their resources, get a loan, or have an investor to help them rent out a render farm, outright buy multiple PC's with RTX 3090's in them, or hire additional artists, musicians, coders, and voice actors

I do the writing, coding, and rendering myself. Anything I add takes planning ahead and months of work. Alternate events would require an incredible time (and therefore monetary) investment. All of which comes out of my own pocket. Literally, adding more choices or events would cost more money. How would I know beforehand whether that would be a worthwhile investment? I don't, like everything else, it's a gamble. Most smaller solo devs are literally gambling with their time and money on these projects. I don't want to gamble on the unknown potential of developing those alternate choices.
Admittedly, I'm biased since I follow this dev on F95, twitter, and Discord, but I'm still sick of seeing these complaints every time I get a notification alert from this thread. If you want to know more then keep reading. The dev appears to be going for large scaled story based on some renders from the Daz Art thread:

How in the world could he possibly offer major alternate paths and keep the scale this big? News flash, Fantasy Dating isn't Good Girl Gone Bad. If you want a game with high variability in choices there are many other games to choose from, GGGB being one of the best. Ironically, its number 1 complaint are the visuals because I doubt that dev could have offered as many options had he used 3d renders instead of drawn art. In contrast the first sex scene in Fantasy Dating is what? Over a couple hundred 3d renders, with like a dozen options? What more do you fucking want from an adult game?

From that same post the dev said that this last pic is Fantasy's Dating MC in the past and, from what I gathered, this is equivalent to like a prequel version of her as she was going to appear in Motherhood. So not only is the kinky stuff deeper than a puddle, but also the characters and backstory seems like it was going to be extensive too.

I say was because he literally posted about (possibly forever) in the Motherhood thread due to discovering he is Bipolar. Most of Fantasy Dating seems to have been built during one or more manic episodes. Which makes sense to me looking back. Stuff like the talking dildo was a giant WTF, but I liked the quirky and bizarre nature of this game. This a fever dream I want to see more of.

I'll be frank. Anyone saying this dev should do more work when he literally did more than he could handle until he broke needs to fuck off. Seriously, you can't squeeze any blood from this stone. This game is a linear experience with some options regarding kinks. I don't hear anyone complaining a novel like Moby Dick doesn't have any other options, and who would want them anyway? "Hurr durr I want an ending where captain Ahab lives." Is what the whiners here sound like. The dev chose visual quality over story quantity. Complaining about not having enough paths at this time is like kicking a person who is already down. Just move on.

Sombramain22

Jul 10, 2021
I don't get this mindset, if you didn't want to see Oxar's scene you could skip it. The dev has already explained the decisions he made, that he isn't changing, and that he has moved on from this thread. If you had bothered to read even a couple pages back, then you would know the Dev already answered:

Admittedly, I'm biased since I follow this dev on F95, twitter, and Discord, but I'm still sick of seeing these complaints every time I get a notification alert from this thread. If you want to know more then keep reading. The dev appears to be going for large scaled story based on some renders from the Daz Art thread:

How in the world could he possibly offer major alternate paths and keep the scale this big? News flash, Fantasy Dating isn't Good Girl Gone Bad. If you want a game with high variability in choices there are many other games to choose from, GGGB being one of the best. Ironically, its number 1 complaint are the visuals because I doubt that dev could have offered as many options had he used 3d renders instead of drawn art. In contrast the first sex scene in Fantasy Dating is what? Over a couple hundred 3d renders, with like a dozen options? What more do you fucking want from an adult game?

From that same post the dev said that this last pic is Fantasy's Dating MC in the past and, from what I gathered, this is equivalent to like a prequel version of her as she was going to appear in Motherhood. So not only is the kinky stuff deeper than a puddle, but also the characters and backstory seems like it was going to be extensive too.

I say was because he literally posted about (possibly forever) in the Motherhood thread due to discovering he is Bipolar. Most of Fantasy Dating seems to have been built during one or more manic episodes. Which makes sense to me looking back. Stuff like the talking dildo was a giant WTF, but I liked the quirky and bizarre nature of this game. This a fever dream I want to see more of.

I'll be frank. Anyone saying this dev should do more work when he literally did more than he could handle until he broke needs to fuck off. Seriously, you can't squeeze any blood from this stone. This game is a linear experience with some options regarding kinks. I don't hear anyone complaining a novel like Moby Dick doesn't have any other options, and who would want them anyway? "Hurr durr I want an ending where captain Ahab lives." Is what the whiners here sound like. The dev chose visual quality over story quantity. Complaining about not having enough paths at this time is like kicking a person who is already down. Just move on.
well not sure i beheve it hush dont care many devs all ways so stuff like this when the monney did not come in our it was just to much for them

• Angry
Reactions: Grelk and LewdLewy

hesam147

Jan 5, 2021
I really like it. the variations and control in the sex scenes is something I hadn't seen before, but there's a problem. it's as if the author is reaching through the screen and preaching to you. it becomes too much real quick. I appreciate the stuff about consent, those are fine. but the racial stuff is simply unnecessary. it doesn't add anything other than remind us the world sucks.

there's also the problem of the fact that you can only control your character's sexual preferences and seemingly nothing else. for example, in the scene with the elf boy, the character insists on taking him to the hospital and pays no mind to the fact that our host (have you noticed I'm terrible with names yet?) says something worse happens to him if they do. at that moment I felt the internal thoughts of "no matter what it takes, I will help them," felt forced and a little cringeworthy. the character doesn't know much about the world, they shouldn't be so quick to make decisions, and those decisions shouldn't be forced on the reader. it would be nice if the character was a bit more neutral and chill, if only so that the choices could help shape them (within reason.) another thing is the fact that MC immediately fell in love with our succubus. in a dating sim, having your MC fall in love at the very beginning and with no input from the reader seems counterproductive. what's the point of dating then? or what if the player likes another character better?

on a more positive note, the dance on day 3 was infinitely creative and a very pleasant surprise.

PS. I didn't need to strip to bathe my senile grandfather, and there was no reason Zemmy had to be given a massive schlong. it all felt weird and gross.

hesam147

Jan 5, 2021
I really like it. the variations and control in the sex scenes is something I hadn't seen before, but there's a problem. it's as if the author is reaching through the screen and preaching to you. it becomes too much real quick. I appreciate the stuff about consent, those are fine. but the racial stuff is simply unnecessary. it doesn't add anything other than remind us the world sucks.

there's also the problem of the fact that you can only control your character's sexual preferences and seemingly nothing else. for example, in the scene with the elf boy, the character insists on taking him to the hospital and pays no mind to the fact that our host (have you noticed I'm terrible with names yet?) says something worse happens to him if they do. at that moment I felt the internal thoughts of "no matter what it takes, I will help them," felt forced and a little cringeworthy. the character doesn't know much about the world, they shouldn't be so quick to make decisions, and those decisions shouldn't be forced on the reader. it would be nice if the character was a bit more neutral and chill, if only so that the choices could help shape them (within reason.) another thing is the fact that MC immediately fell in love with our succubus. in a dating sim, having your MC fall in love at the very beginning and with no input from the reader seems counterproductive. what's the point of dating then? or what if the player likes another character better?

on a more positive note, the dance on day 3 was infinitely creative and a very pleasant surprise.

PS. I didn't need to strip to bathe my senile grandfather, and there was no reason Zemmy had to be given a massive schlong. it all felt weird and gross.

xenokis

Aug 23, 2021
Game was great... until my choices stopped mattering. The player should be able to choose exclusively how the dates actually end up in this game if its supposed to be a fantasy dating game. Oxar's lateness as well as the fact that he just goes straight into some song and dance before a drink then gets throwed on MC? Sorry, in no world am I interested in having sex with that person that night. Maybe a kiss at most if they can recover. The current lack of "deciding" whether or not the dates end how the player wants them to is a huge turn off.

DeltaDragon

May 6, 2017
I believe the Creator made it clear that this game is basically abandoned, they started making it during a few mental episodes and once they were over the dev had no idea how to continue it so it went on hold indefinitely.

Knight_of_the_lance

Feb 23, 2020
At this point I just hope that Alboe Interactive is healthy and able to overcome their isues. I quite liked how the choices influenced the sceenes to tailor them to the players choice rather than have "routes" like in so many other games in the genre. It alowed to tailor the experience to player's choice with out having the feeling of having missed something. at this point if they comme back to the game I will be excited, but I would be happy zsimply knowing that they are healthy.

Reactions: jamonserrano

Alboe Interactive

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2020
At this point I just hope that Alboe Interactive is healthy and able to overcome their isues. I quite liked how the choices influenced the sceenes to tailor them to the players choice rather than have "routes" like in so many other games in the genre. It alowed to tailor the experience to player's choice with out having the feeling of having missed something. at this point if they comme back to the game I will be excited, but I would be happy zsimply knowing that they are healthy.
Thanks for the kind words. I'm doing far better than I was last year and, while I did take a couple of long breaks, I'm still developing visual novels. In fact, I just dropped the second alpha of my next project to my supporters last weekend.

-

To everyone else reading this thread and wondering what's going on:

I would love to continue Fantasy Dating, but it simply isn't popular enough to gain enough monetary support to keep it going at this time. I know a lot of devs abandon their games and there are some opinionated people saying "Never abandon a game!" But I'm subject to what the market demands and the market didn't want Fantasy Dating in its current form. And even if I pushed on regardless, I can't just start back up where I left off. I wrote in my about the issues with FD's renders and why the in-game ones don't match the promo pics. Not to mention there are plenty of issues with its code, including certain variables that may not save correctly.

I honestly do want to go back and work on FD, but it needs a major overhaul and I can't float its development on my dime anymore due to some major changes in my personal life. I kind of fell into the classic new dev trap: starting out with too big a project. Since I started, I've learned a lot about myself and how to come to terms with my limitations. And one of the limitations that I had to set was to not destroy my mental health by working 40+ hour weeks on a project that was earning me around $100 a month.

So I'm starting this year with a smaller project, called Ménage à Moi, before I try my hand again at a bigger project, called Motherhood. Neither will have the sci-fi or fantasy elements of Fantasy Dating due to cost, but they will retain some of the fetishes that were in FD. And I've also made some accommodations to widen my audience to more vanilla players. For example, in Ménage à Moi, the feminine characters can be futanari or traditional females. Additionally, I also intend to make a comic version of it so players who are wary of ongoing projects can pay upfront instead of a monthly subscription model.

All in all, I'm still pushing forward with visual novel development, but at a more measured pace than before.

4.40 star(s) 7 Votes