Others ZXC: Brothel Grind [v0.9.3][TweenDev]

TweenDev

Jul 26, 2024
f95banner.png

Overview:
Play as Gaius Maine, a fledgling adventurer about to leave his old mentor's side as he turns of age.
The mission? Prove yourself by slaying the Dark Lord of Castle Eaveil.
The sex? Yes. Your home village in the middle of nowhere is renowned for its luxurious brothel,
attracting many from around the kingdom to visit it.
Grind for gold to spend on courtesans as you make your way towards Castle Eaveil,
or maybe find a better use for it? That's up to you.​

Thread Updated: 2024-09-12
Release Date: 2024-09-12
Developer: TweenDev - (password: zxc)
Censored: No
Version: 0.9.3
Language: English, Russian
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win
: - - - - -

screen1.png screen2.png screen3.png screen4.png

Last edited:

maroder

Jun 17, 2017
it would be better that if combat tutorial was more integrated with game.
i started combat did not mange to do anything and i dead then talked to maid but got bored during her explanation and quit

RawRawTrue

Apr 6, 2020
I can't open an exe file for some reason on Windows 10?
The game simply does not start, does not give any error, it simply does not start, does anyone know the reason?
This is not the first time that a game from Godot does not start

Reactions: Wolvenwood

Velomous

Jan 14, 2024
Is this one of those version 0.9 games that should really have been version 0.0.1? (as in 1% completed and not 90% completed?)

Reactions: Dnn22

TweenDev

Jul 26, 2024
I can't open an exe file for some reason on Windows 10?
The game simply does not start, does not give any error, it simply does not start, does anyone know the reason?
This is not the first time that a game from Godot does not start
Honestly no idea what the issue could be, its a shot in the dark but I've uploaded a 0.9.3_gl version to itch, could you try running that?

Is this one of those version 0.9 games that should really have been version 0.0.1? (as in 1% completed and not 90% completed?)
Its a "demo" version in the sense of a "tech-demo", I implemented all the mechanics i want to see in the full game and need people to test them for bugs and feedback. Right now I'll focus on finishing player attack animations while trying to fix bugs reported to me and after the animations are done, it will be 1.0 for the demo.

it would be better that if combat tutorial was more integrated with game.
i started combat did not mange to do anything and i dead then talked to maid but got bored during her explanation and quit
That is one of the biggest problems people have with the game right now and I fully understand it, but, unfortunately, I dont plan to do anything with it for this demo, since I will be adressing it with the full game's gradual introduction of combat mechanics as you progress.

Reactions: maroder

Drine

Feb 26, 2018
i do enjoy the different gameplay it's very good for a demo honestly but

-I'd suggest a large amount of more time for the player to make inputs as it's a lot to remember after the first tutorial
-A optional on screen key for what key does what color and a move list
- the biggest thing i would say is to work more on super dynamic poses since it's hard to tell off a glance what the enemies will do sometimes

LadyErisXII

Aug 26, 2019
I genuinely really like the concept of this game, turned based fighters are an extremely cool idea; but I feel it's fundamentally flawed as it's currently implemented.

As it stands, the game is less of a turn based fighter, and more of a hardware check. The major challenge isn't puzzling out the enemy, it's hoping your keyboard doesn't drop your input. Which is how I took most of my damage (The rest of it is failing to apply fundamentals and misreading what the book tells me to input). The inherent rock paper scissors nature of the game also doesn't work to the game's advantage. You have a set of 7 moves, but there's zero reason to use anything but a select set of whatever the game decides is the "Correct" choice in that set of enemies based on the mission you chose. You don't need to concern yourself with spacing, frame advantage or move priority; just whether or not you've matched the appropriate input. Even the color of the attack doesn't matter because the only punishment is not dealing damage, as you still win the exchange; you just don't deal damage and it only serves to extend the engagement. I did use the book, but in my opinion all that does is serve to remove the trial and error involved with figuring out opponents; and the final result is still repeating the same small grouping of inputs over and over again.

The timer is also another thing that doesn't add much and encourages repetitive play, a good example is the ninja fight in the third difficulty. He throws a gold move at you every so often, which the book tells you to throw a full circle to counter. Full circles are a pain in the ass on a stick, never mind a keyboard, but then I discovered you can also counter that move with a half-circle back; so I just did that the whole fight. Switching between neutral green and a 632146 motion, as not only is it faster to input it's also way harder to drop. Never once did I feel the need to use a different move like a DP or the full circle red super, because the game doesn't create the scenarios where those inputs would be useful and the punishment for taking the risk is too severe.

The best thing I think this game could do is take more influence from Yomi Hustle, make the game more of a chess match style puzzler instead of a reflex based input game. Because I don't believe the way the game currently is will last for any extended period of game time.

Last edited:

TweenDev

Jul 26, 2024
-I'd suggest a large amount of more time for the player to make inputs as it's a lot to remember after the first tutorial
-A optional on screen key for what key does what color and a move list
- the biggest thing i would say is to work more on super dynamic poses since it's hard to tell off a glance what the enemies will do sometimes
Uploaded a new version to itch, added a cheat item to slow down input time for the next attack and changed initial Alice dialogue to mention the C button player menu.
As for poses, fighters move before attacking so striking a pose that reflects your next attack, then moving around, and then doing the attack would be weird, so all enemy-attack-recognition is shifted to what "auras" are on the enemy before attacking.

As it stands, the game is less of a turn based fighter, and more of a hardware check. The major challenge isn't puzzling out the enemy, it's hoping your keyboard doesn't drop your input.
First time hearing about input issues, could you elaborate on what, when and how?

Sideswitch moves turned out to be pretty busted since if the enemy doesnt attack behind, it will always be safe, and adding mandatory back-hitting properties will clutter auras, limit my animations and highlight enemy moves that dont hit backwards as freebies. I'm considering removing sides altogether, although i do like how they spice up the visuals and change input sides.

I dont see my project as a turn-based fighter, its meant to be closer to a rhythm game but less amount of inputs and more reaction and precision. Even then, Yomi Hustle is pretty much flawless as a turn-based fighting game and whatever someone thinks is missing can be fixed by its incredible modding community. The only way I see to meaningfully change it to warrant making a new game is to go into 3D and Toribash did that almost 20 years ago.

LadyErisXII

Aug 26, 2019
First time hearing about input issues, could you elaborate on what, when and how?
Input issues are entirely a hardware problem on my end with my keyboard, not a game problem. There were a few times I dropped a special after doing what looked like a clean qcf; but I wager that was also on my end because I pressed the attack key a frame before hitting the forwards key. Which I think could be easier to diagnose if you also had an input log on the side (optional or not) like a fighting game training mode.

I dont see my project as a turn-based fighter, its meant to be closer to a rhythm game but less amount of inputs and more reaction and precision.
If that's the case, what I think would be a huge improvement would be to remove the guessing game system altogether. As that I think is the biggest detractor to how the game flows and plays. Things like which stance the enemy is going to be in (and thus whether you'll low or high profile the enemy) aren't clear just going by how the enemy flashes until you trial and error it. Previously, I was looking at it through the lens of a more traditional fighter; so I was a bit disappointed it lacked what I expected from a fighter. But if it's going to be more of a rhythm game I don't mind that it's built off the repetitive motions much.

Last edited:
Reactions: A Tired Femboy